Tuesday, October 21, 2008

As far as a desire to be a monopoly being Wal Mart's main motivation, I think they accomplished monopolization a few years ago, haha! But seriously, I'm not sure what motivates Wal Mart to invade these rural areas, however, regardless of their motivation, they always seem to be able to figure out what they need to sell in order to properly turn a profit in those areas. Sure, they will be taking some small business owner's jobs, that's inevitable when a multinational sets up shop in your backyard. However, it is not all bad. I know we've already talked about this but I'm just going to say again that I know I for one am glad that I can go to Wal Mart and pick up virtually anything that I would ever need, at a cheap price. The Chinese people will feel the same way. Really, it only hurst the small business owners. Adaptation is key, and for their sake I hope that they can adapt and keep some of their loyal customers.

No comments: