Monday, October 20, 2008

Walmart's Fiasco

I believe that Walmart will probably be the downfall of those communities. It's a point-blank thought. The desire to be a monopoly is what's driving Walmart to try and survive in a community where many people don't even make minimum wage. Regardless of the fact that it's population is almost as large as Mississippi's, the GDP isn't sufficient enough to support it through the next decade. Plus, I'm pretty sure the global "recession'' definitely will jab a hole in the plan. But, alas, nothing can be done because Walmart is too internationally powerful and America is too hungry for more money.
Also, while we were talking about this in the meeting, I was trying to see if comparative advantage fit into all of this. There must be some point for Walmart increasing its monolithic hold on cheap consumption of goods. I couldn't see the tie. Nonetheless, I fear this is just the start of something that will probably hurt the economy and employement both here and in China instead of helping.

And thanks Brad, :-). I guess you posting the questions here is good enough.

No comments: